Saturday, July 25, 2009

There are Unknown Knowns

I was speaking to a friend about industry politics and how you must play the game to get ahead. I love playing Basketball. I LOVE playing football. I like to play softball. I do not like to play business, I like to conduct business transactions. This "game" is a hustle. You have to pick your battles carefully in this business and make moves very strategically. Not only that, ut you have to pick your freinds and enimies just as strategically. I say this because the person you feel you can brush off now, might have something you need later. There is a level of respect in which you should treat everyone regardless of how you perceive that person. Even if you don't like that person, its a way you can respect them without being fake or phony. Now I don't mind showing everybody respect and being real. I will do that but I can never alter my perception or lie to appease the next man. That is not in me. That is the politics I can not play. I can never be a yes man. With all that said I thought this clip best sums up the industry politics. To set it up, Donald Rumsfeld made a infamous speech (that cost him his job eventually)




In this ramble of nothingness, I managed to find a cohesive thought.

The Boondocks in all its greatness parodied this as well.





PS i never understood how people can watch shows like this and love it, yet completely miss the point of the skits. Never knowing what the double entendres are. I guess thats the genius of shows like boondocks and family guy. even though its a smart comedy.. even an idiot can laugh at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment